Monday, February 13, 2012

ARITHABORT

Help!!!
When attempting an insert to a table in SQL I get a message indicating that
the ARITHABORT setting is incorrect. Running (select databasepropertyex db,
'isarithabortenabled') returns null.
Running (alter database 'db' set arithabort off) doesn't change the setting.
I've tried setting it on and off, but the check always returns NULL.
Isn't there someway to set this value to 0 directly?
If anyone can help me I'd truly appreciate it. The table affected is the
primary table in the database and therefore, my db system is DOWN and
inoperable!!
Thanks.
Ross
--
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.592 / Virus Database: 375 - Release Date: 2/18/2004Try:
SELECT DATABASEPROPERTYEX('MyDatabase', 'IsArithmeticAbortEnabled')
Note that ARITHABORT must be *ON* when updating a table with an indexed view
or index on computed column.
--
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
"Ross Culver" <rculver@.alliant-solutions.com> wrote in message
news:Ox%235GRW$DHA.3804@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Help!!!
> When attempting an insert to a table in SQL I get a message indicating
that
> the ARITHABORT setting is incorrect. Running (select databasepropertyex
db,
> 'isarithabortenabled') returns null.
> Running (alter database 'db' set arithabort off) doesn't change the
setting.
> I've tried setting it on and off, but the check always returns NULL.
> Isn't there someway to set this value to 0 directly?
> If anyone can help me I'd truly appreciate it. The table affected is the
> primary table in the database and therefore, my db system is DOWN and
> inoperable!!
> Thanks.
> Ross
>
> --
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.592 / Virus Database: 375 - Release Date: 2/18/2004
>

No comments:

Post a Comment