Saturday, February 25, 2012

AS / Creating cubes

Hi,
I have started to learn Analysis Services. I did the tutorial step by step,
but the last step "create the 'Sales' cube" doesn't work. I get the error
message "Unable to create cube 'sales'" - Unspecified error. It doesn't even
work with the manuelly in footmart creatd cube. What is wrong here? I have
also installed sp3a.
My other question is that is it possible to create diagramms in AS? If no,
how do you create you database diagramms?
Many thanks in advanceDo you belong to OLAP Admin group? Do you have write permission on OLAP
cube data directory?
Eric Li
SQL DBA
MCDBA
Stefan wrote:

> Hi,
> I have started to learn Analysis Services. I did the tutorial step by step
,
> but the last step "create the 'Sales' cube" doesn't work. I get the error
> message "Unable to create cube 'sales'" - Unspecified error. It doesn't ev
en
> work with the manuelly in footmart creatd cube. What is wrong here? I have
> also installed sp3a.
> My other question is that is it possible to create diagramms in AS? If no,
> how do you create you database diagramms?
> Many thanks in advance
>

No comments:

Post a Comment