Thursday, February 16, 2012

Arithmetic overflow occured when running sp_monitor.

I have modified sp sp_monitor to reflect MS suggestion of changing data type
and sp_monitor2 worked for a few days. Now I am again getting the Arithmetic
overflow occured. Could I get some help with this error? Does this have
anything to do with the server uptime? I am running SQL 2000 sp3 (818) on an
active passive cluster.
Thanks for any help!As I was not party to the discussion, could you please
fill me in ?
>--Original Message--
>I have modified sp sp_monitor to reflect MS suggestion of
changing data type
>and sp_monitor2 worked for a few days. Now I am again
getting the Arithmetic
>overflow occured. Could I get some help with this error?
Does this have
>anything to do with the server uptime? I am running SQL
2000 sp3 (818) on an
>active passive cluster.
>Thanks for any help!
>.
>|||@.idle as well as @.@.CPU_BUSY both return an integer of the
number of milliseconds since SQL Server was last started so
yes...being up more than 100 days can contribute.
Did you try using bigint for @.idle in your version of
sp_monitor2?
-Sue
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:53:02 -0700, "KatherineP"
<KatherineP@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Sure Peter -
>I have been getting this error on one of my production SQL Servers in SQL
>Query analyzer.
>Server: Msg 8115, Level 16, State 2, Procedure sp_monitor, Line 94
>Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int.
>I was told that this is a common(ish) problem but he did not recall that it
>ever
>got "fixed".
>I was told I could create a copy of the procedure and
>change the datatype of @.idle from int to decimal. This
>shold prevent this error. I made the change to the sp_monitor and saved it
>as sp_monitor2. It ran fine for a few days but now I am getting the same
>error again.
>I was wondering if the overflow had something to do with uptime on the
>server because my server has been up for more that 100 day and when I run
>select @.@.CPU_Busy I get the same error.
>Hope this explains!
>Thanks,
>
>
>"Peter The Spate" wrote:
>> As I was not party to the discussion, could you please
>> fill me in ?
>>
>> >--Original Message--
>> >I have modified sp sp_monitor to reflect MS suggestion of
>> changing data type
>> >and sp_monitor2 worked for a few days. Now I am again
>> getting the Arithmetic
>> >overflow occured. Could I get some help with this error?
>> Does this have
>> >anything to do with the server uptime? I am running SQL
>> 2000 sp3 (818) on an
>> >active passive cluster.
>> >Thanks for any help!
>> >.
>> >

No comments:

Post a Comment