Sunday, February 19, 2012

Array

We are creating a report that we view detail records and find a row in the
list of records and want to grab one of the fields associated with that
record.
Example:
I have a loan number and principle balance.
I count the number of loans for a borrower.
Here is the data:
LN NUM Prin
1 5.00
2 10.00
3 15.00
The middle record is the one I want to use. But what I want as well is the
prin amount. How do I tell a function to look at the prin amount instead of
the ln num field?Hi Susan,
I've run into a similar issue. Were you able to resolve your issue? If so
please tell.
THanks,
"Susan" wrote:
> We are creating a report that we view detail records and find a row in the
> list of records and want to grab one of the fields associated with that
> record.
> Example:
> I have a loan number and principle balance.
> I count the number of loans for a borrower.
> Here is the data:
> LN NUM Prin
> 1 5.00
> 2 10.00
> 3 15.00
> The middle record is the one I want to use. But what I want as well is the
> prin amount. How do I tell a function to look at the prin amount instead of
> the ln num field?
>|||No I actually was looking for a way to calculate the median. I had to write
the report in Crystal.
"DigitalVixen" wrote:
> Hi Susan,
> I've run into a similar issue. Were you able to resolve your issue? If so
> please tell.
> THanks,
>
> "Susan" wrote:
> > We are creating a report that we view detail records and find a row in the
> > list of records and want to grab one of the fields associated with that
> > record.
> > Example:
> >
> > I have a loan number and principle balance.
> > I count the number of loans for a borrower.
> > Here is the data:
> >
> > LN NUM Prin
> > 1 5.00
> > 2 10.00
> > 3 15.00
> >
> > The middle record is the one I want to use. But what I want as well is the
> > prin amount. How do I tell a function to look at the prin amount instead of
> > the ln num field?
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment