Thursday, March 22, 2012

ASP ADO SQL Time Out

I am programing an asp web page using ado/sql. My query is timing
out. I was doing just fine when I wasnt doing an inner join. I test
an instance of the query (Using the inner join) in sql query and it
ran fine, but when I did the query in the web page it times out.
Any Suggestions
thanks
Kirk"Kirk" <Kirk.Mccann@.NAV-INTERNATIONAL.com> wrote in message
news:eeff0422.0401151918.48768a14@.posting.google.c om...
> I am programing an asp web page using ado/sql. My query is timing
> out. I was doing just fine when I wasnt doing an inner join. I test
> an instance of the query (Using the inner join) in sql query and it
> ran fine, but when I did the query in the web page it times out.
> Any Suggestions
> thanks
> Kirk

You don't give much information, but if your query works fine in QA, then I
would use Profiler to verify that the ASP page is sending the same query to
the server. Profiler should also show you how long the query takes to
execute on the server, so it may help to narrow the problem down to the ASP
side or the database side.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment