Tuesday, March 20, 2012

ASP > SQL Invalid Connection Error ... Help

I would appreciate any help I can get. I'm no expert at ASP or SQL, but
I've done a little research and I feel like I'm doing things right.
I'm getting the following error message from my ASP page.
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (ParseConnectParams()).]Invalid connection
.
Here's the ASP code:
set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Persist Security Info=false;Data
Source=http://sql2005.mywebhost.com;Initial Catalog=myDB;UID=XXXX;Pwd=YYYY"
I have a web host who hosts the shared SQL 2005 server on a separate box
from the web server (Windows Server 2003/IIS), which is why it's not a local
connection. Since it's a shared SQL server, I have very limited access to
the configuration settings, logs, etc.
I have already tried the following to see what the problem is, and I'm
stumped:
1. I verified the username, password and host url by connecting remotely
to myDB with SQL Express using the values in the connection string
2. I tried setting Persist Security Info to true, and taking it out
entirely. Neither made a difference.
3. I can connect programmatically to the DB using the following
connection string in C#
DBConnection = new SqlConnection();
DBConnection.ConnectionString = "Persist Security
Info=False;database=myDB;server=sql2005.mywebhost.com;User
ID=AAAA;Password=BBBB";
4. I have successfully accessed the DB using the Database Connection
Wizard in MS Frontpage. However, I'm now trying to generate an XML
document, which I believe is beyond the Wizard's capabilities.
The only thing I can think of is that the "Provider=SQLOLEDB" is wrong or is
not supported by my web host's SQL configuration. Could that be it?
I would really appreciate any insight here.
ScoutIt looks like it's the data source in your connection
string. Look at what you used for server in your C# app -
the connection that worked. That's what you want to be
using.
-Sue
On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:47:16 -0700, "The Scout"
<feedback@.pokersitescout.com> wrote:

>I would appreciate any help I can get. I'm no expert at ASP or SQL, but
>I've done a little research and I feel like I'm doing things right.
>I'm getting the following error message from my ASP page.
>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
>[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (ParseConnectParams()).]Invalid connectio
n.
>Here's the ASP code:
>set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
>objConn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Persist Security Info=false;Data
>Source=http://sql2005.mywebhost.com;Initial Catalog=myDB;UID=XXXX;Pwd=YYYY"
>I have a web host who hosts the shared SQL 2005 server on a separate box
>from the web server (Windows Server 2003/IIS), which is why it's not a loca
l
>connection. Since it's a shared SQL server, I have very limited access to
>the configuration settings, logs, etc.
>I have already tried the following to see what the problem is, and I'm
>stumped:
>1. I verified the username, password and host url by connecting remotely
>to myDB with SQL Express using the values in the connection string
>2. I tried setting Persist Security Info to true, and taking it out
>entirely. Neither made a difference.
>3. I can connect programmatically to the DB using the following
>connection string in C#
>DBConnection = new SqlConnection();
>DBConnection.ConnectionString = "Persist Security
>Info=False;database=myDB;server=sql2005.mywebhost.com;User
>ID=AAAA;Password=BBBB";
>4. I have successfully accessed the DB using the Database Connection
>Wizard in MS Frontpage. However, I'm now trying to generate an XML
>document, which I believe is beyond the Wizard's capabilities.
>The only thing I can think of is that the "Provider=SQLOLEDB" is wrong or i
s
>not supported by my web host's SQL configuration. Could that be it?
>I would really appreciate any insight here.
>Scout
>

No comments:

Post a Comment