Thursday, March 22, 2012

ASP and Crystal report

Hi

Can u please help me out in this problem. Thanking u in advanced.

Development Environament:
I am using Crystal Report 9.0 Professional edition, I have IIS (v5.1) and Intenet Explorer (v6.0) install on my machine.

Problem:
I have downloaded the sample from crystal report site for crystal report 9.0 version but it is not working at all, it is just displaying the gray shade frame in the browser whenever i try to run the asp page. Why?
I read somewhere that i need to have Developer ot Enterprise edition beacause Professional edition does not support Web report and RDC. Is it so?
If not then can u just help me out in this? Can u give me the steps that i might have to carry in setting up the IIS server and Internet Explorer?

Thanking u again.

Bye
BhalchandraHi,

I'm using CR Profession Edition 9.2. Used the same example given in their web site. I used SmartViewer ActiveX Viewer in my asp page. Initially I got the same problem as yours.

Then only I knew that, if your client machine already having crviewer9.dll, then the report won't display. So try with a machine where this file is not already registered. Ohterwise unregister crviewer9.dll then try again.

Hope this will work.

Try to visit this page, contains some troubleshooting guide.Click Here (http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/cr_troubleshooting_activex_viewer.pdf.asp)

No comments:

Post a Comment