Sunday, March 25, 2012

ASP, SQL, long text data problems...

I have an ASP page that will take form info that a user has entered,
then save it into SQL server, and retrive and display the info on
another page. My problem is with long text data (10,000 bytes or
more). It appears to save the long text data, as in it gives no
errors... but it does not save it. In the SQL table, the field is
defined as ntext... So why won't it save?

Thanks in advance,
adamAdam (ootena@.imsg.com) writes:
> I have an ASP page that will take form info that a user has entered,
> then save it into SQL server, and retrive and display the info on
> another page. My problem is with long text data (10,000 bytes or
> more). It appears to save the long text data, as in it gives no
> errors... but it does not save it. In the SQL table, the field is
> defined as ntext... So why won't it save?

I guess you need to post your code, so that people here can have a
reasonble chance to spot your error. You are using the AppendChunk on
the Field object?

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar@.algonet.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp|||Adam (ootena@.imsg.com) writes:
> I guess I need an example of the GetChunk, AppendChunk... I havent
> been able to find one that makes sense to me.

In the MDAC Books Online there are examples of using AppendChunk. This
should also be on MSDN.

Did you try searching for AppendChunk on Google? I seem to get quite some
hits.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar@.algonet.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp|||Cool, thanks for the books online... that helped a lot later man

No comments:

Post a Comment