Thursday, March 22, 2012

ASP Authentication with SQL Server 2005 - not express, permanent change

Hi all,

I've read up on the fact that if you use SQL server 2005 instead of SQL express you need to change the connection string in web.config.

Is there anyway to make this default connection type, or do I have to do it for every website I create. i.e. is there a global file that this connection can be entered into. Then whenever I start a new website I don't have to put the string in.

Just me being lazy really. But it's nice to know if it's possible.

Many thanks

DrB2k2

Hi,

I did it also on my dev machine. Just change the setting of the connectionstring for the LocalSqlServer in the machine.config. Make sure to make a backup, just in case, of this file first. You can find the machine.config file in this folder:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG

Grz, Kris.

|||

Lovely I'll give it a go,thanks

DrB2k2

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment