Thursday, March 22, 2012

ASP page to connect to SQL Server - please help

I don't know if this is the right forum or not, but it seemed like it might be the most appropriate, sorry if it is not:

I am learning about websites and I have a database that was created in access and then converted to sql server and is going to be hosted on a windows server running sql server 2000. I want to make a basic query so if I wanted to search for say buildings, I could retrieve everything in the buildings column, or if I wanted to do a seach for empire state building, I would get all hits displayed.

What type of connection string would I need to use? Do I have to configure the database itself at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am a complete novice with this type of stuff.There's a lot of information on tutorials section on these forums. Please check it out.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment