Thursday, February 9, 2012

Are partials possible?

I have used Access replication for years and now I need to setup for SQL
2000 and I need some help. Can SQL 2000 do partials? Where can I read up
on using MSDE on laptops to synch? Thanks.
David
It sure can. We call this horizontal parititoning or horizontal filtering.
When you create a publication using the wizard you will get to a dialog
which says Customize the Properties of the Publicaiton, click yes, I will
define filters..., then click next, select Horizontally, click next, and
then click the three ellipses to enter a filter clause.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"David C" <dlchase@.lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
news:%23T8MGJ6iEHA.3320@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I have used Access replication for years and now I need to setup for SQL
> 2000 and I need some help. Can SQL 2000 do partials? Where can I read up
> on using MSDE on laptops to synch? Thanks.
> David
>

No comments:

Post a Comment