Sunday, February 12, 2012

Are there any diagrams on security / permissions?

I am not getting a good handle on the security implementation of SQL Server.
Is there a good diagram that visually shows the relations between the
Server Logins, Database Users and all the possible permissions etc.,
If I read volumes of text about it, I am either not getting the whole
picture or easily forgetting it after a couple of weeks!!
Thanks in advance,
SarahOn Feb 8, 12:07 pm, Sarah Bram <sarahb...@.hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am not getting a good handle on the security implementation of SQL Serve
r.
> Is there a good diagram that visually shows the relations between the
> Server Logins, Database Users and all the possible permissions etc.,
> If I read volumes of text about it, I am either not getting the whole
> picture or easily forgetting it after a couple of weeks!!
> Thanks in advance,
> Sarah
I'm not sure this is really what you want but you could try looking
at ...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ang=en#Overview
... or ...
http://tinyurl.com/t2u83
... if that's too long. The security views are in the bottom half just
left of centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment