Monday, February 13, 2012

Argghh ..

OK. I'm officially insane.
I've managed to create an orphaned push subscription. I deleted the
subscribers from EM via the publisher screen, then I deleted the publishers.
But under replication|subscribers there is still a subscriber to a
publication that does not exist.
It seems my efforts to discover ways to break replication are paying off.
Bob Castleman
Replicating Suicidal Tendencies
Try sp_dropsubscriber and sp_dropsubscription.
"Bob Castleman" <nomail@.here> wrote in message
news:uuGDxaNrFHA.3720@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> OK. I'm officially insane.
> I've managed to create an orphaned push subscription. I deleted the
> subscribers from EM via the publisher screen, then I deleted the
> publishers. But under replication|subscribers there is still a subscriber
> to a publication that does not exist.
> It seems my efforts to discover ways to break replication are paying off.
> Bob Castleman
> Replicating Suicidal Tendencies
>
>
|||Had already tried that. Didn't work. Ultimately used sp_dropdistributor.
Development servers are so much fun.
Any clue as to how I can end up with orphaned subscriptions? It seems
dropping things through EM would be relatively safe and it would clean up
after itself.
"ChrisR" <noemail@.bla.com> wrote in message
news:eWaSy3XrFHA.1032@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Try sp_dropsubscriber and sp_dropsubscription.
>
> "Bob Castleman" <nomail@.here> wrote in message
> news:uuGDxaNrFHA.3720@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment